Welcome To The Halloween-Master’s Website.


Free Halloween Multi Banner Exchange

Have a Halloween Idea or a DIY? Become a member and add a Link to your Site.

Devils Rose

Devil Rose

1)      The first thing that I did was I took a plastic see-thru mask that I bought from Wal-Mart and paper Mache the front of the mask.

2)      Next, I punched holes into the sides of the mask.  Six all together.  These would be for the creature’s tentacles.  The tentacles were made with a combination of bic pens, wire, glue, and cotton.  The six tentacles were then hot glued into each of the 6 holes.

3)      Duct tape was then taped around the tentacles and pulled back some to look like flaps of skin.

4)      For the creature’s eyes, I took a red plastic Easter egg and cut it down to size to fit each of the eyes.  These too were hot glued to the inside of the mask.

5)      At this point the nose needed to be trimmed down.  With a knife I trimmed the tip of the nose down a little, so that it would match the contours of the front of the face.

6)      I needed a mouth to go with the rest of the face so I had to make one.  I made one by taking my skull head (The one I use for Scary Terry’s talking skull) and dip the mouth into a bowl full of plaster of Paris.  The bowl was just an empty plastic butter container.  After about a ½ hr the skull was pulled free from the plaster of Paris.  This left me with the mold for the teeth.  Before using the mold I used canola oil to grease the mold.   I then used liquid latex and poured it into the mold.  After the latex was ready, I pulled it from the mold and placed it on the front of the mask which I then applied some latex to the mask and the mouth as an adhesive.

7)      The rest of the face was then lightly paper Mache, covering the sides of the mouth and beefing up the eyes and nose. The lips were just excess paper Mache that was pulled up in spots.

8)      The nose was created by cutting two slits into the paper Mache and filling with a little cotton.

9)      The back of the head was created by blowing up a balloon and taping it to the mask.  The mask and the balloon were then paper Mache together.

10)  With the 3oz of latex I had, I brushed the tentacles and edges of the front of the mask with latex.

11)  For the creature’s body I bought a 3 inch sump pump plastic pipe 10 foot and two 3 inch couplers for a dryer vent outlet hose.  In the witch’s caldron, I cut a hole for the dryer vent coupler in the bottom of the caldron.  With the plastic pipe that I bought, I cut the 10 foot section to 3 feet.  The other coupler was hot glued to the head and placed on the 3 foot section of pipe along with the other coupler.  The whole top section was then connected to the caldron.

(More)

 

 

Share this:
Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter

Spiders Victim

Spider Victim

The Spider’s Victim is a prop that is very simple to make. It is a life-size cocoon of a person that has been attacked by spiders. The person seems to still have some life in him because his finger is still moving.

Here are the materials that were used:

Chicken Wire
PVC
Rope (I used a black rope)
Mask
Wig head
Battery-operated hand that moves (see below)
Inside of a discarded comforter (or batting from a fabric store)
Joint compound
Black and green paint
Spiderwebs

( More )

 

Share this:
Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter

Monster In A Box

Monster In A Box
When looking for ideas for our 2005 haunt I came across a number of versions of a Monster In A Box (MIB) prop and I decided that I needed to build one of my own. I’m very happy with the way it turned out and thought I would show it off, and maybe help others build there own, with this guide to our build process.

About the only thing that sets ours apart from the majority of other motorized MIBs out there is that instead of using a rod from the cam follower to the lid we mounted the follower directly to the lid. Also our MIB is microprocessor controlled by a Prop-1 Control Board from EFX-TEK.

For tools you will need a jig saw (or band saw), circular saw, drill, screw drivers and wrenches, etc.

No complete parts list for our MIB exists but reading through this guide should give you a good idea of the components we used. In very general terms you will need wood, a Prop-1 control board, a Cowlacious audio board, relays, a power supply, amplified speakers, a windshield wiper motor, light sockets, power receptacle, wire, nuts, bolts, washers, wood screws and other hardware.

(More…)

Share this:
Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter

Transworld Haunt Show 2013

Share this:
Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter

The Darkness Haunted Tour 2013

Share this:
Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter

DIY Floating Head

Share this:
Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter
eXTReMe Tracker




Books/DVD’s
Ghosts
Ghost Machines
My Countdown